WHAT ARE COLD
Vortex Cool Tools are
powered by a Vortex tube - a unique device that creates a Vortex from
compressed air and separates it into hot and cold airstreams. Here's how it works.
The vortex tube's cylindrical generator causes the input compressed air to
rotate reaching speeds up to 1,000,000 rpm as it is forced down the inner
wall of the hot - or longer end of the vortex tube. At the end of the hot
tube, a small portion of this air exits through a needle valve as hot air
exhaust. The remaining air is forced back through the center of the incoming
air stream at a slower speed. The heat in the slower moving air is
the faster moving incoming air. The super-cooled air flows through the
center of the generator and exits through the air exhaust port.
- Cooling performance equal to mist in
milling operations without the mess.
- Effectively cools dry milling operations,
including composite applications.
- Excellent for cooling plastic milling
- Superior cooling performance drops inlet
temperature up to 100°F (55.6°C) for maximum cooling
- Adjustability allows you to set the cold
airflow rate (BTUH) at optimum levels for your application.
- Cools without refrigerants (CFC's/HCFC's)
or moving parts for trouble-free operation.
- Integral muffler for quiet operation -
with OSHA noise specifications.
- Powered by filtered factory air (70-100
PSIG /4.8 - 6.9 Bar). Consumes 15 SCFM (425 SLPM).